Friday, April 16, 2010

Maggie Mossie geta a forever home!


Maggie Moosie and her forever home.


I am a very sad golden retriever puppy. My parents, whom I loved very much were getting divorced, which must be a bad thing and they no longer wanted me. They were taking me back to the house where they had bought me. Problem is that lady did not want me either. I was given to a neighbor who had just moved. She wanted to help Me, but really could not take care of me. This lady called someone she worked with the ask if anyone could give me a forever home.

A very nice person came and picked Me up. I really liked this lady. When We arrived at the ladies home I met some other animals that lived there. Another golden retriever named Jenny. Hershey, a chocolate lab and Chewy, a chow mix that looked like a big fox. There were also 2 cats, Katzilla and Fatty Cat. I soon found out they were all rescues too. They had a very nice house and yard. I knew I would be happy here.

I heard the lady taking to someone on the phone and was not happy to hear the lady refer to me as a “foster”. That another family would be coming for me in 3 weeks. I wanted to stay with all the other rescues forever. I tried to be especially good, hoping she would let me stay.

Three weeks passed and no one came to get Me. I was still hoping to stay. The nice lady said it would be a couple more weeks. Finally, the people were supposed to come get me called and asked how big a puppy I was then. Turns out I was bigger than what they wanted, so they decided not to come get me after all.

I was very happy, but now the nice lady’s husband had come home from a business trip and said I had to go. That they already had more pets than needed in the lady’s “zoo”. I was very sad and also was not feeling very well.

I got very sick and was taken to the doggie ER. The nice people there said I needed fluids and medicine. Then I was sent home. The next morning was Monday and I felt a whole lot worse. They rushed me to the vet. After lots of tests and shots I was sent back home. By Tuesday morning I could no longer stand or walk. They carried me to the vet. More shots and more tests. Sent home again, with a return again on Wednesday. By Wednesday, the vet said there was nothing more they could do for me.

By Thursday morning, Thanksgiving Day I felt like I might die. The lady had been sliding Me around on the big dog bed so she could keep an eye on Me. I could no longer swallow, so the lady took something and squirted water into my mouth and made me swallow it. She did that every hour or so, even when it was dark.

I got very cold and the lady picked me up and put me in her bed under the covers. She climbed in with me and held me close until I started to warm up. This made me feel so much better. I was glad to be warm again. After a few days of what someone kept say was intensive care I suddenly started feeling better. They kept giving me water and helped me to stand up. It felt so good the first time I was well enough to go outside. It took me several weeks, but I was getting better.

I was taken back to the vet for a check up and he said I had a compromised immune system, whatever that means and would need special care for a while. That who ever took me would need to be very careful so I would not get cold. Took me? I wanted to stay where I was. I loved that lady.

When we got back to the house the man there said to the lady that they had spent too much money on me to just give me away. I held my breathe as the lady looked at the man and finally looked at me and said “Well Maggie, I guess you are here to stay. Welcome to your forever home.” So that is how I got to stay in the home I wanted to and the nice lady and man became mom and dad.

Oh yes, I am kind of tall for a golden retriever so mom started calling me Maggie Moo because she said I was the size of a small calf. After a couple weeks it kind of became Maggie Moosie and so then I had my forever name too. I kind of like it and I love my forever home. I wish all dogs could find a home as nice as mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment