Monday, April 19, 2010

Maggie Moosie meets a duck!


No fair! Mom said she stopped at the park today, between appointments and took pictures of the baby ducks. Hey! I like ducks, too mom. Okay, I know it is my fault. I promised not to do it again.

Last time we went to the park I was so excited. There were lots of people and all kinds of animals around. Mom had put my harness on and said we were going to take a walk around the lake and enjoy the day. It was great. All kinds of new smells. I was getting very excited.

We walked on the path. Everything was so pretty. Then I saw it. A great big white duck waddling across the path. I think he was going to take a nap in the sun. I wanted to go meet this fellow and say, Hello!

I jerked forward and the lease snapped out of mom’s hand. I took off at a full gallop. That duck must have heard me coming. He turned to look and took off back the way he came. I was right behind him. The duck was flapping his wings as he got to the edge of the lake. I was right on his tail, but he skimmed over the water and I landed with a big splash.

Water came up over my head and I started dog paddling as fast as I could. I came to the top just in time to hear that dumb duck quacking at me. I know he was laughing. Stupid duck. I turned to swim back to shore that that is when I saw mom and knew I was in trouble.

I swam to shore and managed to pull myself up on the shore. It was not easy because it was a drop off to the water, but I did it. Got out and shook the water off. OPPPS! Sorry Mom! I forgot you were standing there. I am so in trouble.

Oh Oh! Now what? I am all wet and dripping and now I have to get back in the car. Sorry about the mess in the car, Mom. I am dripping all over the leather seats. I promise never to do it again! Shucks! Dumb duck!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment