Thursday, April 22, 2010

Squirrel uses doggie door.

I am remembering when I and the rest of my zoo, as my mom calls us, had quite an adventure. Dad put in a "doggie door" so we could all go in and out. No more accidents. Even the cats liked it. Freedom!

A couple days later I was taking a nap on the dining room floor. All of a sudden I heard Chewy growl. I perked up one ear to listen, still wanting to continue with my nap. I heard a funny squeaking sound. It was weird, so I cocked open one eye. I wasn’t sure what I was looking at, but I knew it was not supposed to be coming in through our door.

I jumped to my feet! A squirrel! What the heck do you think you are doing? I lunged at this intruder. Out! You don’t belong in here. Yikes. That dumb squirrel just jumped up on the table. He stopped on mom’s fruit bowl and apples are rolling everywhere. Get off there you crazy thing!

Chewy is running around the table and barking. Jenny is adding to the noise and all I want is to get that thing out of our house. I push the chair with my shoulder and it moves enough for me to try climbing on to it.

That squirrel freaked out, jumped and landed in the hall. It took off, with us right behind him. It rounded the corner in the hall and shot into Mom’s office. The squirrel was now on top of Mom’s desk, papers flying everywhere. Yikes! There goes a picture frame and a lamp. Hey, crazy squirrel, all you have to do it leave. Come back!

Chewy jumped up on the big foot stool in the office and put his front paws on the desk.
That squirrel jumped to a shelf over mom’s desk, books flying. Duck guys! Not that! Oh no! He is walking across the top of that old mirror mom likes so much and jumped to a top shelf. The mirror is swinging on it’s hook, but it looks like it is not going to fall. Ugh! There goes a vase. Watch you heads guys.

Stop chattering at us! It’s your own fault for coming in our door. No one invited you! Stop barking guys. Aw! He looks scared. Wait till mom sees this mess. She will say you need to leave. Okay, stay up there. We will wait!

Yes, I hear Mom! Ohhhh! She is not happy. Here she comes. Yikes. I think mom is afraid of that squirrel. Mom shooed us out of the office and closed the door. Good, she is calling someone to come get that little guy. Mom is fussing at us. Honest Mom, we did not let him in. He came in through our door.

Here comes a guy with a net and a cage. Promise this man won’t hurt that squirrel, mom. He didn’t mean to be bad. Maybe he just wanted to see what was in our house. Hey, why’d you close the door? Ugh! I just heard a loud crash! Hope that wasn’t another vase.

Okay, here comes that man. Look, the squirrel is in the cage. Poor thing. Nobody wants to be in a cage. He is shaking. Hey mister, let him go! He did not mean to break anything. He was just scared.

We are all standing at the door watching to see what was going to happen to him. Yes! That man took the cage on the patio and opened the door to the cage. That squirrel flew up the first big tree he saw.

Oh oh, Here comes mom. I know she is not happy about all the mess and broken stuff. Hey Mom, what are you doing. Aw Mom, no! Mom got a hammer and nailed our new door shut. She said as soon as dad comes home that door is leaving. Nuts!

No comments:

Post a Comment